Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm really ambitious

I am being super ambitious and blogging two days in a row... can you believe it?

I just emailed my old roomie Rexy and told her a little about my day today, so I thought I would give you guys a similar summary incase you are interested!

I had a great day with my classes today. We are doing Christmas Carols this week, and Christmas cards next week. We made cds and printed our lyrics to all the typical Christmas tunes, and the students loved it. BUT, I also printed out a Britney Spears Christmas song worksheet (fill in the blank type thing) for when I played the song in class and the kids LOVED it!!! (You may or may not know her Christmas song! It is really cute, I recommend it... "Santa can you hear me? I have been so good this year..." blablabla) So, my classes made me play that song on repeat about 13 times in each class or something. Haha, it was so ridiculous. They were also requesting Mariah's "All I want for Christmas" classic, but I dodn't have time to make my own cd and used other teachers, so that song didn't make an appearance in my classes today. next week fr sure though! I am also going to add some Hilary Duff to the mix, you know, to spice things up!

Ian and our friend Andy said their students weren't really into it. I was surprised to hear that, because even my oldest students were loving it! They were shouting out requests and be-bopping along to the beat! Leah mentioned that her students are depressed, so I am assuming tomorrow may be a better day for Christmas caroling with her classes! Haha. Maybe my classes tomorrow will react opposite of the way my Thursday classes acted.

They love bubblegum pop so it shouldn't have surprised me!!! It was too funny. Once they filled in the blanks from the songs I gave out "Shrimp chips." They are nasty! They are this Korean snack, similar potato chips but they are shaped more like more like long, skinny (kinda) Cheetos with ridges and are SHRIMP flavoured! So grossss!

I love doing stuff like this in the classes, it makes teaching so much more fun and the kids are actually having a good time too. The day goes by a lot faster too. Anyway, that is another little update, if anyone is still even reading this! ;) I will be uploading pictures soon from December in Korea and I will upload the videos onto facebook from the Students singing along to Britney Spears's Christmas.

Hope all is well....Cheers!
Happy "Holla"days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You kids definitely help the afternoon workday blues...

Hope all is well.

Merry Christmas or 즐거운 성탄

Love,

Laird

Kel and Ian said...

Merry Christmas Lairdo!
Miss ya! xoxo