Monday, August 27, 2007

Taking a Fall....




Last weekend I endured one of the most exhilarating, intense experiences I have ever had! But I am so happy I did it! As part of Ian's birthday gift, we went White Water Rafting and Bungee Jumping on an Adventure Korea trip! Adventure Korea is an organization that runs trip all over Seoul and various places in Korea.This is the second trip that we have went with this tour group, the first trip being Mud Festival. So, we left from a subway station about an hour from ours at around 8:30 am. We drove about 2 hours to reach our first destination, where the White Water Rafting place was. It is incredible to escape the business and stuffiness of Seoul sometimes. The area we went to was in the middle of nowhere, but filled with blue skies and amazing rocks and mountains. White water rafting was pretty fun, but not nearly as dangerous as I had imagined! It was just amazing paddling in the water, looking around us at the rock formations and greenery.

After rafting we had a lunch of predominately Kimchi (obviously) and chicken. We then jumped on the buses again and headed to the bungee jumping destination. With Ian and I on our trip was Beth from the Gireum branch of our Hagwon, Erin and Justin who are Ian's friends from Orillia along with some friends from their school, and Jeremy and Jennifer from our school. Out of all those people, Ian and I were the only ones who bungee jumped! We felt bad that they just suntanned and watched everyone else, but at the same time, Ian and I were extremely focused on jumping off the 53 meter high bridge!

I jumped before Ian. Actually, I correct myself: I made the guy PUSH me! I was harnessed around my waist, and Ian was harnessed around his feet. I had a minor panic attack right as my toes reached the edge. I said t them "Just give me a second--- don't push me yet, until I say!" I am getting tingles in my feet just writing about it! Once I fell the initial time (it is so hard to breathe, you pretty much just have to hold your breath), and bounced back up, I started laughing loudly and hysterically- it was a lot of fun! Falling the initial time was just a blur of the green scenery- it looked like a painting that had gotten wet, but after that I was a bit more relaxed! I am so happy I did it, but now that I did it once, I don't think I will ever have a desire to do it again! Ian feels the same too, and since he went with the bungee cord attached to his feet, when he was finished bouncing he just kept spinning- he said that was the worst part for him! I think the worst part for me was not being able to breathe when I flew down!


The bus ride back was SOOOO long, but all in all it was a great trip and an amazing time! I am pretty proud of myself (and Ian is proud of himself too!) for having the bravery to do something I was so scared of. I don't think I will ever be as scared on a roller coaster again!

To check out our pictures, go to the following link: http://wluca.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2106526&l=4bd07&id=187905622
To checkout the Adevnture Korea website to see what knd of tours are offered to us, go to: www.adventurekorea.com

No comments: