Monday, June 18, 2007

Lost in translation

We get essays and diaries to correct & grade a few times every week, and they vary widely in their skill level, humour, and oddness. Here are a few choice selections:

Joey, a bright 10-year-old in my grade 6 equivalent class:

Ian is handsome
Ian is tallest than my class
Ian is thinest than my class
Ian is genius
Ian is smarter than world
Ian is very very kind
Ian is perfect!

From one of Kelly's kids in the same level:

Kelly teacher!!
Your looks like angel!
Because your very kind and you is pretty more than me!
and sometimes your cute...so I think your is perfect!
So I like you teacher...bye!

I forget who wrote this:

Jesus, it's raining!
I really hate rain.
because it makes my soul d(r)own.
It was such melancholy day!

From one of Kelly's classes:

Summer is starting.
The weather is getting hot.
I have sweat.
My body smells for sweat.
I don't like summer.
(Kelly's suggestion, as noted at the bottom of the page: Maybe carry a towel around with you)

From the agenda for the workshop/recreation day I wrote about a few weeks ago:

15:00 ~ 16:00 Some kind of recreation gamaes.
16:30 ~ 18:30 Taking group photos and dinner with Boasting of our skill at songs.
(I means doing kareokee)

There will be many more to come.

No comments: